WHAT IS FIA-ETCR?
FIA ETCR is the world’s first all-electric, multi-brand, touring car series, and gives the world’s largest and most-recognisable brands the chance to fight for an official electric Manufacturers’ title.
Underpinning this new race series is a forward-thinking technical concept, set out by ETCR creators WSC Group, aimed at showing off the most extraordinary performance elements of the world’s fastest-accelerating touring cars and creating exciting on-track battles.
THE FIA ETCR TOURNAMENT
An innovative Tournament racing format, including a series of short, sharp Battles, in which drivers accumulate points and build towards the DHL SuperFinals.
– Drivers are divided into 2 Pools (Pool Fast & Pool Furious)
Same tournament format for each pool
– ‘Battle’ format ensures action-packed racing from start to finish
– Battles are short, sharp knockout races where every tenth of a second counts
– Win your battles to reach the next round
– The top scorer of the weekend is the Event King or Queen –
THE FIA ETCR DEDICATED SPORTING REGULATIONS
– Battles limited to 20 min max, meaning no energy-management, just pure racing
– Power-Up – a 200kW boost of energy that takes the car up to its 500kW peak power – the equivalent of an astonishing 670bhp
– Finals to select the best driver of the weekend and crow them king or queen
See full FIA ETCR SPORTING REGULATIONS: https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/2029
KEY INNOVATIONS AT THE HEART OF THE SERIES
– All cars recharge in the Energy Station between Battles (10%-90% charge in 75 minutes)
All cars built to ETCR electric touring car sporting concept
– Peak power of 500kW equivalent to 670bhp, making these the most powerful touring cars ever created: 0-100kph in 3.2 seconds
– the fastest touring cars ever built
– Rear-wheel-drive, power unit mid-mounted, maximum torque
– Four-or-five-door production touring cars
– Electric motor with 300kw continuous power and 500kw maximum power at 1200rpm
– Battery capacity of 65kw at 800v
– Rear-wheel-drive with single gear
– Double wishbone rear suspension with McPherson struts at front
– Common Magelec Propulsion power unit (motor, inverter, gearbox) and Williams Advanced Engineering battery pack to fit all cars
– DC/DC converters by BrightLoop
– Hydrogen generators from HTWO powering the charger units
– Goodyear all-weather tyre for the series, meaning fewer tyres need to be produced, transported, and disposed of than if there were different constructions for wet and dry conditions.
See full FIA ETCR TECHNICAL REGULATIONS: https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/2029